Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all Honda Enthusiasts
The turn signals on my 1973 cl350 K5 cycle very slowly. Is this something I need to address directly with the turn signals or is this indicative of an electrical problem unrelated to the turn signals or maybe it is normal as I have not ridden a Honda 350 in years.
Thank you

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Could be low voltage. Do the signals flash faster when you bring the revs up?

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Bad connections will cause that. Clean the bullet connections and the grounds as well as the bulb sockets. If that doesn't do it you might try a new flasher unit.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
The old mechanical flashers require a specified current to resistance in the circuit. As the resistance goes up the current goes down. Decreased current will make the flasher slower. As stated, clean the connections, light sockets and grounds, include the main battery ground to the frame. There is a green wire from the harness that should be grounded to the frame too. It should connect with the negative battery cable. I clean these with a wire wheel on a Dremel and assemble with wet enamel primer. Make sure the light bulbs are the correct specified bulbs. I always buy new light bulbs when working on an old vehicle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the very good advice. I have not had a chance to work on the bike and I do not know when I can address this problem but as soon as I get time I will take the advice and post the results. Much gratitude.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Funny this post popped up.. I just got done with the indicators on my 73 k5.. the one side was blinking SSLLOOOOOWWWWW. I looked at changing to LED.. this brought on another issue..
NOT TO WORRY.. I got a "electronic" flasher from 4into1.. not only did it correct the speed of the flash, I was able to incorporate LEDs to the rear WITH the front stock indicators .. and they work together just fine..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts