Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some help.

In the process of stripping down my '80 CM400T, I removed the front turn signals from the antennae and the rear brake light assembly and fender, replacing it with a new one on the back wheel hub. After a couple of blown fuses (likely from switching the wires on the handlebars, unrelated), I finally got everything up and running! That is, until I realized that my front left turn signal was lit on the low light.

At first I thought that was the issue, until I recognized that it was actually supposed to do that and the actual issue was the front right turn signal was not lit as "running". I thought that because when first starting up, the left running light was not on either and I forgot that they were supposed to be on.

The turn signals work great when indicated/the flasher is good (both front and back).
The bulbs seems good too, no broken filaments.
The rest of the wiring (running lights on brakes and headlight are working, brake lights work) works great and I checked it against the diagram and it should be good.

My initial thought is that there's not a solid ground somewhere, likely on that right turn signal, but I'm not quite positive.

IMG_2123.jpg

Any thoughts as to why that running front right running light may not be turning on?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The bulb could be bad, swap with the other side to check. The small solder contact points inside the socket could be bad, inspect to see. The wire to those could be bad, use a test light to see. Poor ground, use a VOM set to ohms, connect one lead to the case of the socket and the other to any solid Green wire or a frame bolt. Zero ohms is desired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts