Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Am adding turn signals to a 1966 honda ca 160 as per the owners request. Should be no problem . Right. After installing everything ,turn on the power. Yep the right side works. Yep the left side works . Great. Wait. Why is the indicator light still flashing when the switch is in neutral ? Check all wiring . Check diagram. Check wiring again.

Removed all wiring and ran a wire from the battery to the flasher from flasher to the switch and the indicator lamp is still flashing when in neutral . Am I getting feed back from somewhere? Any Ideas. Suggestions.

Thanks.

Bill

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are just 6 volt lamps.

JAYinNY Thanks I was leaning that way and was hoping for a little conformation. Cant get to the shop today but tomorrow will isolate the switch and check it. Its the only thing I havent tried yet.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Working from a CD125S wiring diagram, 6V system.
Power from Ignition switch via Black wire to the flasher. Grey wire from flasher to the switch. Select left turn is Orange, right is Sky Blue, power travels to both turn signal unit bulbs and goes to one side of the indicator bulb. Opposite side of that bulb is Sky Blue which means the bulb grounds thru the opposite turn light bulb. Front turns signals are using Green as ground and rears are direct frame mount ground.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I believe there was a thread on this before and IIRC, it was miswired. Check connections again. Some models have the same colors with a white stripe IE, orange and orange with a white stripe.
D

Reactions: Bill H

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jim and Jim. You are right and and I have some wiring wrong. Now I know what to look for. This bike had to be rewired from scratch and since its a CA everything ran thru the frame and the headlight bucket and I got some mixed up. I think I have it now.

Thanks again.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts