Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

quick question, if I am going to run the stock air filter/box do I need these (tube cleaner joint, part # 17213286000)

honda-cl350-scrambler-1972-k4-usa-air-cleaner_bigma000149f12_0d25.jpg

Possible to fab this part or not use it? And do these two rubber pieces join into the circular tube like structure in the frame under the battery box by chance (can't figure what else that's for).

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Cheers

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone-bueller.jpg

I tested the air filter/box and they do fit in that cylinder/tube under the battery box. But will not having the rubber tube cleaner joint cause too much air to flow in - or uneven flow?

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
There was a thread here and it had a guy who was making Reproduction Side Covers for the 350's.
His site also had they rubber grommet parts you are looking for.

I thought I had saved a link to it but I can't seem to find it.

Maybe someone else here will remember it.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Been traveling foe work but did a quick search this AM and found the site that has the parts you are looking for.

Honda 350's - Honda Retro CB

I have not ordered anything from them so I have no idea about the quality of their service, maybe someone who has used them can chime in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been traveling foe work but did a quick search this AM and found the site that has the parts you are looking for.

I have not ordered anything from them so I have no idea about the quality of their service, maybe someone who has used them can chime in.
I just ordered these cleaner boots...….thank you thank you for this tip.....these boots are not available except here.....Had been looking for two weeks, want to maintain original air cleaner on a 1970 cb350 that we are completely rebuilding and these boots complete the option.....How about the side cover connecting rod, I will call it....any tip on where they might be found
Again, thank you for the tip
David
Tipp City, Ohio......

·
Registered
3,177 Posts

Made In Minnesota! Nice.

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
HINT: When "naming" a part, please look it up on a fische site (like CMSNL) and call it whatever Honda calls it......You'll also find the Honda part number which you can google search........
You are looking for the "element setting bar" and two "element setting nuts"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts