Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I got my headlight working yesterday and mounted a rear 3rd party brake light blowing through 3 fuses before figuring out my problem... :lol:

My problem is twofold:

1) When the key is in the "ON" position, headlights turn on, horn works (I scrapped the turn signals but they worked when on) but the rear tail light does not illuminate. However, when the key is in the "PARK" position (far back one) the tail light comes on. I have figured out difference between the brake and rear lights but cannot seem to find out how to get the rear one to stay on when the bike is in the "ON" position.

2) Separately, the gauge backlights do not turn on. I replaced all bulbs with LEDs and was hoping they would work. I noticed there are a few brown and white wires loose and unconnected in the headlight bucket (one from each instrument light, there may be a third wire from the harness but they are all bullet style connectors). Do these connect together?

·
Registered
971 Posts
2.) Same issues as #1. Gauge back lights and tail light are on the same circuit when the ignition switch is in the on position. They all get power from the headlight switch. There should be a brown/white wire coming off of the right hand control. Make sure all the brown/white wires are plugged into one another.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like PO did some messing around with the ignition switch but it seems like the brown and brown/white wires still go to proper place. Soldering on ignition looks intact. I guess my best bet is switching out the ignition for an Undamaged one but still not sure if that will fix my light issue. I plugged al brown and white wires still not gauge backlights or tail light during “on”

1 - 3 of 3 Posts