Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is a 71 CB350, but I've got a feeling things are not stock up front. I bought a speedo to replace mine and it didn't fit right. That was my first clue.

I took some photos of the gauges, forks, etc.. so I'm just trying to figure out what year they're from and if maybe they came off of a different bike like a CB360 or something.

gauges up top:

gauges from the bottom. The chrome bases are different than my 1971 tach/speedo I have sitting around.

chrome fork ear. I don't think there was any chrome fork ear option in 71

I tried to take a photo of the top triple tree mount for the shock tube. Rubber gaiters on the shocks, and top clamp on the triple tree rather than a cap nut.

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ahh you are right, the signal lights mount different then the cl too, sorry I can't be of more help there....

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to take better photos with a real camera this weekend.

Here's a set of gauge cups from a CB360. They look nearly the same as what I've got, but my mount has no space in the center to accommodate the idiot lights that the CB360 has...

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
The CB 350 G (73) had the angled meters with the idiot lights in the tach.... Hi beam ind. is in headlight.... That appears to be what you have...... Steve

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sort of reached the same conclusion because while they look like CB360 gauges, the bracket is simpler. I changed fork oil last night so I verified they're the newer style top cap.

So I guess my motorcycle is partially a 1971 CB350, 1972 CL350 (engine,) and 1973 front end.

Lovely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts