Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is where I wish Honda had taken the 450 line -

865cc, DOHC (though it's 360 degrees). Great looks, classic understated lines.
Probably goes like a raped ape and handles like a champ.

I'd ride it and smile.......

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Very very cool. That is what a motorcycle should like.

·
Registered
363 Posts
one of my coworkers rides one, 09 bonnie with fuel injection, goes quite well, not like my speed triple but fast enough. definitely needs a throatier exhaust though, I can hear his chain while riding behind him.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Love the Bonnie...drove an 02 once immediately after driving an 02 SV650; both driven through some intense curves in the Smoky Mtns. The Bonnie felt just a bit heavier. It's brakes a little less effective but, not so much. And, it's acceleration was a little less but again, not so much. It handled great and was very comfortable. My buddy on board the SV could not shake me through the twisties.

I agree with tbpmusic, Honda should have grown a similar machine. One thing I'd do different though, neither here nor there but, I'd like it to have a kicker.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
tbpmusic said:

Then they could have adapted it to the CM line. Make a nice alternative to the "HARLEY WANNABE" Shadow. :D

I used to go to the local bike shop just to drool over that 650 Bonneville. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Love the modern triumphs. They did a lot to keep the 'retro' look. the carbs are just bodies with injectors inside of them to hide the EFI. pretty cool stuff.

There's always the kawaski w650's

only 99, and 2000's made it to the USA.

675cc's, 360 crank, twin.

it was only 6500 bucks new... if they weren't so scares they'd be cheap now.

[attachment=0:3pro5lj9]800px-Kawasaki_W650_2000_Retro_Bevel_Drive_Side.jpg[/attachment:3pro5lj9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_W650

then there's always a hopped up version to drool over:

via bikexif

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
tbpmusic said:

Here is the "CL865" version... sat on one yesterday at the Triumph dealer - very sweet!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've never seen the Triumph scrambler 865. That baby is sick.

BTW Jey lol, the paperwork will be in the mail this week. I only have to take the pic file to CVS to get it printed.

Sorry for the delay, been looking for jobs as my boss has threatend to fire 2 of us for being too slow. I'm sorry, i just want to keep people from dying while riding in taxi's. However good news is honda motorcycles needs a parts guy and i have an interview tomorrow for it during lunch hour :D

Back to the current thread, i f'n love triumphs. I'm pretty sure someday i'd like to have one. Dunno bought the classic ones as the parts are more scarce then triple parts and are the cost of a new harley usually :roll:

·
Registered
659 Posts
sakibomb said:
I've never seen the Triumph scrambler 865. That baby is sick.
:roll:
Take a look Saki...... Yes...I want one bad....

·
Registered
659 Posts
tbpmusic ...... you're right...it would have been nice if Honda had taken the CB line to several models along the same body style through the 70's and into the 80's, like maybe a 650, 750, or even 850. I wish their new CB1100f was a 750.

Although Honda didn't....Triumph sure has. I mark the Bonnie right up there with the same style of bike.

Also...I was looking today at Moto Guzzi's new V7. Only 400 lbs dry. Unfortunately it's way low on power at 47 hp. Maybe they'll throw in two more valves per cylinder and at least get it to 60.

·
Registered
489 Posts
RicH2 said:
tbpmusic ...... you're right...it would have been nice if Honda had taken the CB line to several models along the same body style through the 70's and into the 80's, like maybe a 650, 750, or even 850. I wish their new CB1100f was a 750.

Although Honda didn't....Triumph sure has. I mark the Bonnie right up there with the same style of bike.

Also...I was looking today at Moto Guzzi's new V7. Only 400 lbs dry. Unfortunately it's way low on power at 47 hp. Maybe they'll throw in two more valves per cylinder and at least get it to 60.

So wait, a 700cc only makes 50HP rougly????

God, that says much for technological advancement. A 27 yr old transverse v-twin with a 500cc still puts out what a new guzzi does today........

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I really like the looks of this scrambler model but unfortunately Triumph used the engine from the custom model with 270° crank (something to do with noice regulations) so it sounds more like a v-twin than the true British sound of a 360° crank Bonneville.

Triumph Scrambler with 270° crank.
[youtube:1f5kc2lz]I5bMy9cxLNc[/youtube:1f5kc2lz]

Triumph Bonneville with 360° crank.
[youtube:1f5kc2lz]Fn6tMlhvnYE[/youtube:1f5kc2lz]

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The VT's actually aren't bad bikes.

But what's not to love about a big honkin' twin, even in that configuration.

They're pretty quiet and smooth, lots of low end gruntage - not bad (but overpriced)...

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Yeah.......I'm actually considering getting one of those Harley-wanna-be-Hondas.
Do I get a big (kinda) Japanese parallel twin that's not a Honda or a big (kinda)
Honda that's not a parallel twin?

Decisions decisions.

I think I'll go polish something.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I'd prefer the VT to have a larger diametre rear wheel rim to match the front.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The videos above....idling kind of high aren't they ???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts