Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang! First post here.
After about 6 years of riding her around, I'm finally getting around to showing my 1975 CB360T some major love. While doing the fork rebuild last week, we noticed the top triple tree clamp was damaged with a hairline crack running top to bottom around where it clamps to the upper fork. I've been warned that trying to have this fixed by welding is not a great idea. I also don't weld. Finding an exact match has been a little hard and what I do find is pricey. Anyone have any solutions for this? I have heard a 76 CB400F triple will fit but not much luck finding one of those either. I have stumbled upon what a guy says is a 72 CL360 parts bike a couple hours down the road and has a cheaper price on the whole thing than I can find a replacement part for. Would that model fit? Are there any other models that will fit properly that I'm missing? Appreciate any help during this rebuild I can get, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Sucks to hear about the upper triple cracking. I did want to chime in on the parts bike: Is he sure its a '72? Honda made 360s from 1973-1976 only if I recall correctly. Anyway, having a parts bike for cheap ($1 per cc) pays off in the long run! I would opt for that route versus looking for a replacement upper and paying a premium for it. If space becomes an issue, just disassemble it and label stuff in ziploc bags or boxes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, that confused me too. As far as I knew they were 73-76 as well. So either he doesn't know or made a typo maybe. Still curious if that CL and CB will sync up. From the looks of it, most of the bike seems to be already disassembled.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
A while back I discovered the 73 cb450 I bought had s broken upper triple tree. I also discoverd the cost of a used one was NUTS!!
Got a freind at the local "Moto" shop weld it. My wife rides this bike weekly, I do check it now and then.. no issues. Yes it is "cast", but a proper repair will be fine.
If ur interested in having it welded.. contact Aaron @ Coastal Empire Moto here in Savannah ..

Oh, Welcome...
And..... pics...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts