Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be normal, I have no idea... but I've noticed that when I accelerate at low speeds/RPMs (for example when I'm on 2nd gear and going pretty slow, but not slow enough that I want to go back into first gear), I hear some noise coming from the transmission (I think it's the transmission, but I suppose it could be the chain too, kind of hard to tell) at first (disappears once I gained a little bit of speed, pretty quickly). Almost like the gears teeth chattering :-D Is that normal on these bikes, or maybe even all bikes? Or when I get into my driveway, which has a slight slope up, and I've slowed down to turn onto it and I start accelerating again...

Maybe I need to try to make a quick video, it'd be more telling...

About the chain: I've checked the slack and it's within specs. Chain wear is fine too...

I'm just wondering, the bike is driving fine, nothing seems wrong with it...

·
Registered
790 Posts
Do you think these vibes/noises are in time with the rear wheelx4, the cush drive ??

Get someone to watch the chain etc..( or you watch and they ride the bike ? ) when coming up your drive way, maybe chain "chatter"..........a video would be good also.....I assume its the cb250 nighthawk 2007 ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Maybe you are just bogging down in the higher gear. Try downshifting as you turn into the driveway and see if that solves it. You may just need to use that lower gear.

Reactions: ancientdad
1 - 3 of 3 Posts