·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CM400T Transmission drum plate

this is Morten
thanks for the membership
I have just made a minor restoration of a CM400T from 1981, great little lady
but she have an issue shifting from 1st to 2 gear, she keeps going in to neutral and needs som revs to shift
I removed the clutch to inspect the transmission shifter, and it looks like the drum plate and the drum stopper is worn and needs replacement, I ordered new
but I can’t get the old drumplate off, i thing it has some locking agent on from the factory, and its stuck
so I hope someone in here has a trick to unmount the drumplate without using the big hammer ;)
thanks guys
Auto part Line art Automotive window part Transmission part Automotive engine part

Auto part Engine Wheel Automotive engine part Gear

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong guys but doesn't his issue sound more like a clutch not completely disengaging?

An impact wrench might get it off, either air or electric.

·
Premium Member
24,191 Posts
The outer plate should just tap off, it's not a press fit or anything silly like that.

·
Premium Member
24,191 Posts
More persuasion is needed then, it's probably stuck with loctite that spilled over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More persuasion is needed then, it's probably stuck with loctite that spilled over.
That's exactly what I think is the problem, I'm going to use a heat gun to loosen the old Locktite, but I'm a bit unsure how the inner plate is mounted? Is the small round tap just inserted into the hole of the bush?
thanks Auto part Line art Automotive exterior Steering part Automotive engine part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts