Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helping a friend out on a 1973 Honda cb 350 . He had the motor rebuilt about 5 years ago and just set it in the frame last week. The chain is not on. Motor starts and runs fair but after but after a very short while the motor kicks into gear and dies. Then very hard to get back into neutral. I know the guy who rebuilt the motor and he was very good but is now retired. Doc wants me to look at it and tear it down. Any idea what would cause this and what should I look for as I take it down ? If it jumps into gear with out the shift drum turning Im thinking something in the shift dogs. Any thoughts before I tear it down?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks doode. Further conversation with him I learned that he tried to run it thru the gears with out the motor running and couldnt shift the gears.Then he found out you had to turn the shaft by hand to get it to work. I think he has messed up something . For starters I will do what you suggest. Anyway it may be awhile before he pulls the motor. I also found out he has had several others jerking around on it before he called me so who knows what we will find.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts