Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm sorting out a fuse popper on a new to me bike a 1964 ca95. the fuse blows (sometimes) as soon as i turn the key to daytime driving position. In this position power is sent to, neutral indicator, horn, tail light and coil. Ofcourse first thing i did was to look through all the wiring for a fried or bare wire, unfortunatly they all look great. So durring the diagnosis and with the key in the on position (not running) the coil was getting quite hot to the touch, ive been a carpenter all my life (rough hands) so if i can feel it its pretty hot and it was even hotter after running the bike. We thought that might be our issue and decided to isolate the coil and see if we keep blowing fuses, unfortunatly its kind of a speratic thing and hasnt happend since the isolation. So my question is this, could a faulty coil be blowing fuses but also show no other signs of failure? Do the symptoms ive described, getting quite hot, even sound like a bad coil or are they normal? Any other trees I should be barking up? Any help/encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Coreyt, welcome! Love the 150 Benlys! May be best to post this problem under the Small Twins 125-200cc section under electrical. There it will be more likely to be seen and there should be plenty of help . Love to see a photo of your bike as well!

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Slip a piece of paper between the points and the coil won't get hot with the key left on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts