Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to touch up the paint on my 1978 cb400a the color is candy sapphire blue, It would great to find someone who has done it and where they found the paint.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
......Im still looking at breaking down the candy baucus olive formula color. I will say "touch up" on a Candy paint is left to the professionals....
1st, the paint is almost impossible to locate, 2nd.. matching the pigment and "oxidation/fade" is even more difficult....
post some pics....lets see what your looking at...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Automotive tire Tire Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior This is the main spot

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I don't trust VMR PAINTS... emailed them multiple times ... no response. I'm not about to send someone money without getting a return email..
Workdog.. you will have a better chance of finding a nail polish to match that color... give it a shot, you will be surprised..

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds reasonable to me, Ill neutralize the rust first and lay down a silver base then have my wife go shopping for the nail polish :D
Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you ever built model cars as a kid you probably remember Testors paint,nail polish made me think of it. Blue Cobalt blue Product Acrylic paint Writing instrument accessory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts