Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bug people, nothing came up in a search. I'm doing the 4k miles valve adjustment maintenance. Everything is going well, all I need is to take off these two plugs on the left side of the engine. All they have is a long slot, suggesting a simple screwdriver should do the trick, but they seem to be in pretty tight and a screwdriver is not working well. I don't want to put too much force on it for fear of messing up the slots edges. Is there supposed to be a specific tool to do this? Thanks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Al to Al is the suck... I need to get some anti-seize.

OK, done. So the T aligned w/ the notch in the timing hole + notch on crankshaft facing the rear = left cylinder, right? And if notch faces front at dead center then right cylinder... I think they're good now. They should be .002"-.004". I set them so that the .005" feeler gauge does go in, but with a lot of drag, which I think means the clearance is .004", at the upper side of the range (the .004" gauge slides in really nicely).

I'll look at it again tomorrow morning to make sure I'm happy with it and nothing has changed...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts