Honda Twins banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
L cyl on left and R cyl on right. Bike runs well, takes a bit to get it started recently, just put some freshies in and did a 1/4 turn out on L and 1/4 turn in on R. What do yall think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Left looks ok whereas the right looks too rich. These were from bike sitting at idle or did you ride it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Left looks ok whereas the right looks too rich. These were from bike sitting at idle or did you ride it?
This was from sitting, I had been riding it pretty regularly the past few weeks though.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Idle alone may not tell you much though. If you really want to see how the bike performs from plugs reading, put some new plugs in and ride it as you would normally for about 20 minutes or so. Then have a look.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Re-set float levels so they are same on both catrbs and do carb sync

Reactions: fillmarr

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the new plugs after about 70 miles and minor carb fuel
adjustment. Also throttle stop adjustment too.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
still a little rich on both but definitely an improvement.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
How does your bike perform through the different RPM range?
If it runs fine then I would leave it as is. Better to run a little rich than too lean IMO. A lean running engine can overheat and cause other more serious problems.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How does your bike perform through the different RPM range?
If it runs fine then I would leave it as is. Better to run a little rich than too lean IMO. A lean running engine can overheat and cause other more serious problems.
It pulls pretty solidly up to redline, there is a little sputter here and there but it is very intermittent.

The bike is also idling better too after making the adjustments. Ill maybe bring them out a 16th of a turn just to make sure its not too lean.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
I would re-use them, if your going to lean it off a little more (set float levels 26.5mm with round brass floats) it will 'burn cleaner'
May not give 100% accurate reading but I find plugs getting closer to 'correct' colour' easier with 'black' plugs

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would re-use them, if your going to lean it off a little more (set float levels 26.5mm with round brass floats) it will 'burn cleaner'
May not give 100% accurate reading but I find plugs getting closer to 'correct' colour' easier with 'black' plugs
That’s where I have both of mine set currently. Good to know PJ, thanks! I’m going to leave it where it is and ride it out. The throttle feels great and the bike has what seems like all of its power.

·
Registered
31 Posts
L cyl on left and R cyl on right. Bike runs well, takes a bit to get it started recently, just put some freshies in and did a 1/4 turn out on L and 1/4 turn in on R. What do yall think?
Just got my bike running and it looked the same. The left carb boot gasket is leaking - might want to check yours.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got my bike running and it looked the same. The left carb boot gasket is leaking - might want to check yours.
I have a new set of boots with gaskets on there. I’ll keep an eye on it as i’m riding.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Check for air leaks on head, over-tightening is way too easy, particularly if you swapped screws for Allen head bolts.
The flange 'bows' and causes leak, thick gasket makes it even easier to distort

1 - 17 of 17 Posts