Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, very proud to now own my first scrambler or any scrambler for that matter (66’). Amazingly I found this bike on craigslist. Has not run for a few years. Came with 4400 original miles and the original tires. Will get it running and on the road in the spring. I am wondering if any of the Scrambler‘s came with a toe heel shifter. I saw a 250 scrambler sell on bring a trailer the other day that had a tow heel shifter. Though it was a Japanese domestic bike and maybe US bikes were not delivered with the tow heel shifter. Can anyone shed a little light on this? Thanks in advance. Scott.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Picture frame Motorcycle

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Automotive fuel system

This one is obviously highly customized, but I use it for inspiration. I wasn't able to find a CL350 thru 450, and bought a CB400 instead. My CB has been modified towards a Cafe bike, so it won't be hard to give it a scrambler look.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Most folks install a Dream heel-toe shifter, bolts right on. I think the CL300 variant, which came out close to the end of production, may have been fitted with a heel-toe shifter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 319992
This one is obviously highly customized, but I use it for inspiration. I wasn't able to find a CL350 thru 450, and bought a CB400 instead. My CB has been modified towards a Cafe bike, so it won't be hard to give it a scrambler look.
Oh man, that thing looks awesome. I love the blacked out exhaust and the headlight cover. So many details. I had to find a CL 77 or a CB 77 for myself mainly because I love the vintage look of the drum brakes and the mechanical linkages. So naturally steampunk.
My brother used to own a bike called café overkill. You can find images of it on Google.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most folks install a Dream heel-toe shifter, bolts right on. I think the CL300 variant, which came out close to the end of production, may have been fitted with a heel-toe shifter.
Copy that Mike. My biggest question I guess is answered. Seems like the heel toe shifter was never a stock item or option for the 305 Scrambler and probably not the Superhawk as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is a very nice bike! The older I get the less I want a cafe racer or sport bike. I'm really liking stock CB and CL style motorcycle, the CL is my favorite since I live rural and there is always a dirt road somewhere to take.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts