Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, why have a link in your profile to ask for help or further information when no one responds to it?

I'm afraid the answer to that rhetorical question above completely negates the statement below, gleaned from the latest update notes
"Please continue to send us your feedback. Your insights are extremely powerful in helping us to support your community better.

Your Community Support Team"

Right.

It took 2 months to effectively - though poorly - resolve the one GLARING issue we had after the format change (fully caused by your ignorance of our responses for weeks about our banner image), and since then you have not responded to ANY of our continued requests - recreation of the fully-sortable member list, member map, and now the question about Tuesday maintenance which was done twice yesterday (Wednesday March 25th, since it's now obvious that any Admin might not see this for days or weeks), both during peak hours of North American forum usage times.

I ask again: Are we now forgotten?

·
Super Moderator
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom,

Better question:

Are we not profitable?
Probably not as much as they'd like - but that shouldn't keep them from actually doing their job, at least once in a while.

·
Super Moderator
23,120 Posts
I just sent this after editing out some of my real thoughts:

I doubt you are aware that your admin group is really starting to piss people off. Zero responses to questions or suggestions. We moderators are doing half of your job for free but you give us ZERO support or help. You may find yourself without any moderators or knowledgeable people on this site if you can't figure out how to handle business like it should be. Here's an example:

PS: don't bother with using the virus thing as an excuse , this has been going on since you did the "upgrade"

·
Super Moderator
11,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked yesterday afternoon and the Admin profile "had not been seen" here in 4 days as of late yesterday... now, since all it takes is a decent computer and proper credentials to work on any of their 800+ websites from home, I'd say it wouldn't be too difficult for one of them to check in for 15 minutes or so at least a couple times a week - I mean, you know they have more than one Admin person (we've seen at least 2 different names, Jeff and Cricket). To at least be a little aggravated by what Jim or I wrote would actually require reading it, I'd think.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Firstly can I thank the mods for the great work they continue to do on our behalf. The standard on this forum is higher than you will find anywhere.

We lost a lot of good people,including long standing mods, in the past mainly due to the actions of the operators of the site

They basically said we don't need this rubbish and moved over to Facebook where the number continue to grow and they keep their own circle.

I tend to think these forums are like are car or bus. We are all on this journey to share our common interest and the mods, not the owners are in charge of the bus.

But the bus is not perfect. It has its faults, some can be fixed, some not.
We don't own the bus.

The important thing is we don't forget why we are here. It's for all of us to share and enjoy our hobby and interests together.

When we don't like it any more we get off the bus.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Yes but they did all get off safe and sound at the end.

Enjoy the journey and keep safe.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
If they had bought their own bus I am sure it would be better serviced and maintained.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes but they did all get off safe and sound at the end.

Enjoy the journey and keep safe.
Ray,
The passengers got off the speeding bus and on to a different bus.
The old bus hit a cargo plane and exploded!!

The more I think about it, the more accurate an analogy it becomes...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts