Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys have been very helpful in my restro. So far on the engine I have fixed the starter clutch only. All looked good on each side. Cleaned oil filter and screen. It was essentially clean on those sides. Since the engine is off I’m debating redoing the top end. The bike does run. Just wondering should I do this while it’s on the bench. I have experience rebuilding my Lambrettas. I know with your help I can do it, I don’t necessarily want to if not needed. Your opinions will be appreciated.

Later
LGR

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I would put it back together and see how it ran. It costs nothing but a little extra time to pull it back out later if you decide to do more work on it.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Somewhere along about the time we grew past 16,000 members some of us lost the ability to keep track of what bike everyone has. Consequently it proves helpful when you start a new thread with an indication of specifically what bike you are asking about. You can also include that information in your signature.

The next person to come along might actually answer your question.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I'd put it back in the frame and do a compression check with the carbs and exhaust off, the 175s a light engine and only takes an hour to pull the engine even with the pipes and carbs in place. This is if you haven't checked the compression numbers already. Have you got a build log? if not just start one that way it's easier for us to keep track of what bike and what has or hasnt been done on your 175

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. Your right i need a build log. Can't remember if i checked compression or not. I will put on then check.

Thanks
LGR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts