Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K-5 It came with a title that said it was a 73 year model. Turns out I need a new title because at some point the DOT was told the bike had been "junked". I got it bonded and a DOT dude came to inspect it. (It's torn down to the bare frame) Date of manufacture is 10-71 and the frame # is 500####. Now he needs a rider for the bond that states 72 instead of 73. I have not been able to locate the serial # / year model info I have seen in the past. Any help locating the info or your knowledge would be great. No more untitled bike for this guy.... Even if it was free!

·
Registered
363 Posts
my 50 series cl450 k5 is titled as a '73 as well, '71 manufacture. no one's given me any grief though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
+1 to 66Sprint - my '73 450CL date of manufacture is June 72, but titled a 73 'cause that's when it sold (in Minnesota).

Joe

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So... I had the bonding company (Ins. Co.) Fax a rider to the DOT. the Dude who came to the house to inspect the frame mailed out the signed form I can take to the county seat to have them create a new title. Although I don't have one it hand I'm confident things will now work in my favor. Funny after 37 years as a 73' it will become a 72' :roll:

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
LMAO!.... It's a governmental agency....They follow proceedure, not logic..... :lol: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts