Honda Twins banner

Tires for 500T?

745 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  450roo 
#1 ·
Have been looking at the choice of tires and find it all confusing, tires I like often don't come in sizes that are recommended for our machines. Have heard several members here praise the Bridgestone Battles BT45's but they are all metric sizes here and seem bigger than the recommended 3.25x19 and 3.50x18.
Can anyone tell me what size, in millimeters of the Battlax tires I should be using?

#2 · (Edited)
Simply convert inches to mm....
First number is tire width, and second number after the slash is the aspect ratio (percentage of the width as height)....Then of course, rim diameter.....

A 90/90 x ?? would be 3.54" wide and 3.18" tall.....So roughly a 3.25 or/to 3.50 equivalent
A 100/90 x18 would be closer to a 3.75 or/to 4.00 tire.....3.94" wide, and 3.54 tall....But would be appropriate to replace the 3.50 rear......

#3 ·
Thanks Steve. All very confusing but I managed to find a dunlop TT100 GP in 3.50x18 which is a start.
Very few stores cater for the old bikes now and every month there are less, many tires that would suite are not available here. I must just take what I can get.
Thanks for your patience!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.