Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a mounted 3.00-19 tire that they can measure the diameter? I kow it can be determined by the size but I would like an actual measurement from a mounted tire.

Thanks

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Nominally it is 25", but even that varies slightly from manufacturer to manufacturer and is also dependent on rim width and inflation pressure as well ...
Someone else's measurement may be different from yours unless they have exactly the same tire on the same width rim at the same PSI with the same amount of wear.....

IF you are looking for minimum clearance to fender specs, remember tires grow larger in diameter as they spin, and even a well laced spoke wheel can flex 2 to 4 mm sideways during turns

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a K3 CL175 with the high fender. it is more of an issue with the centerstand, I have a 90-19 on there now, it measures 25.5", I know my rear tire is oversize and plan to replace it (I have a 3.50-18 instead of the stock 3.00-18)

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
It might tend to feel like it steers "funny" with a front tire that is wider than the rear tire....It will certainly "look" odd.....

Why not run 3.00 tires on both ends as was designed?.....3.00 x 19 F and 3.00 x 18 R......

I do understand that you will be limited as to manufacturers and tread styles.......

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
It's over 1/2 an inch wider and about 5/64" taller (assuming you meant a 90/90 x 19......

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's why I was wondering how similar in size the 90-19 is compared to the 3.00-19
I run a 90/90 19 Bridgestone TW39 Trailwing. The carcass measures 3.5 inches wide, tread measures 4.25 wide and diameter measures 25.5 from the floor to top of the tread. Keep in mind this is a Dual Sport tire so it has more tread then a street tire. I also really like the way it rides. It corners better then my old Shinko 241 2.75 x 19 front tire. The 241's tend to have a square profile compared to the round profile of the Trailwing and Duro rear tire I'm using now. 80% street use, 20% gravel road use is my norm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts