Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally feeling pretty confident about the individual tune-up procedures (engine) but was wondering if anyone has a recommended order to do them in. I know adjusting one thing can often affect another. Maybe sometimes you would need to do several iterations of one to get it correct? These would include adjusting:

- Valve clearance
- Cam chain tensioner
- Air/fuel mixture
- Idle speed

Anything I'm missing? And this would be assuming all the components are working properly such as the timing advance, carb floats are adjusted, carbs synched, plugs getting a good spark, etc. I've been messing with each of these individual adjustments so much lately just to get the procedures down, I wanted to figure out how to go through them one more time to make sure they're all good (or as good as they can be for now).

I'm working on a `69 CL350 but maybe this could apply to many models. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
608 Posts
set the Cam chain tensioner first, then Valves, Points, Timing, Air/fuel mixture, Idle speed

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll give that a try and take it out for a ride tonight.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I would rechect the timing after setting the idle speed. Timing needs to be set at the correct engine speed (advance).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts