Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Clymer manual says to align the LT to the mark, then turn it 90 degrees for 5 speeds? Is that right? Remove cover, remove plugs, counter clockwise to the LT mark aligns, then turn it 90 degrees, loosen lock not, it adjusts on it's own, then tighten lock nut, replace cover and plugss, and ride?

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Loosen lock nut and bolt.... (90* past is a point where all the valves are closed)
Listen for the adjuster to move.... then snug the bolt and nut....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, walking back out to turn it 90* and adjust.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, loosened it and tightened it back up. Did not hear anything but good to know it's adjusted. Thanks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True, maybe the wheel is broken off and it in bits and there is nothing to adjust. Running ok so I will assume maybe.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
No, the shafts tend to stick (dried oil) and not move against the chain ..... IF the adjuster was clean, you should be good..... But you usually check by inserting (not pushing) a hex key or similar so you can detect the shaft's motion as you release it....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Insert it where? The end? You can feel that move? I guess I could loosen and give it a little push to see if there is movement? Or not?

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Personally, IF I was unsure, I'd remove the tensioner assembly (4 bolts) and recompress it, judging how smoothly it moved... Then reinstall and readjust....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good idea, will do. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Like Steve says, remove it.
Once it's off you can push the plunger all the way in and lock it down.
Reinstall, then when you release the lock nut thing, you should hear the plunger snap back in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts