Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've taken the engine of my cl350 completely apart, machined new cam chain rollers, and have the majority of the engine rebuilt. I want to get camshaft installed sometime this week, but as I'm sure yall are aware, the manual can be somewhat vague and I'd rather not misstep while in the final stages of rebuild.

The PO put a Ricks Motorsports Stator on the bike and never marked the index mark. It's my understanding it's about at the 11 o'clock point. However, i'm finding that it's pretty difficult to keep the cam sprocket at the parallel line while lining the LT mark with what should be the index location- the crank wants to roll past the point. I've been looking at youtube videos of rebuilds (cos I don't have anyone IRL for guidance), and in one I noticed the cam tensioner isn't installed. At the moment mine is on, which could be why I'm having difficulty. The manual doesn't say whether or not it should be on, so thought I'd ask here.
Should the tensioner be off while setting the timing and installing the cam shaft?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Make a piston stop and figure out your marks.

Then you can proceed with the rest. It's easier now than later

Edit: for your final question, no, it's not installed at this stage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts