Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing working on my recent purchase of a 74' CB 450 K7. Coming along well, just a few more things to sort out.

When I picked up this bike, the throttle and clutch cable appeared to be way too long, so who knows where they came from. They're Gray in color, maybe from the CL 450 if they were longer ? But bottom line, would like to replace them. The next time I pull the gas tank, I'll measure them and see what I'll need in length.

Was considering mounting slightly lower handlebars but would like to stiffen up the bar movement which I assume is due to the rubber isolators ?

Is there a way to remove the bar movement if I decide to go that route ? Or would that transmit too much vibration into the handlebars ?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
If the rubber isolators are old, replacing them with new will tighten the bar some. Personally, I wouldn't take them out and go to a solid mount because of the vibration. I added bar end weights, along with the new rubber, to keep my hands from tingling after 100 miles. I don't notice much movement of the bars, unless I pull them back with both hands.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts