Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of changing the throttle cable and trying to resync the carbs. Thought I'd start whith the throttle stop screw on both carb at the same level based on the throttle plate position.

Should the throttle plate at idle be completely closed? I can see the airscrew hole in the throat ot the carb but should the the other holes (I think there's two) be visible?

Thanks

Reed

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Throttle should be "cracked" open but the exact amount will be determined when you set the idle/sync the carbs....Choose a starting point (like 1/2 turn more than just touching) on the IDLE screws (not the mixture screws)

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I screw the idle stop screws in to where they are opening the throttle a bit and put a piece of paper under them. Then I back them off with a little pressure on the paper to tell when screw is coming off the push point. I start at one turn in on both and that is usually too high but you would be close to the same starting point on bothe carbs.
Don

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perfect!

Thanks for the replies. Need a starting point before I hook up the new throttle cables

Reed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts