Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys -

Setting up a new throttle cable on my 1971 Honda SL175. It's a 2into1 unit, and I can't seem to take up enough slack on the cable. Un-threading the tension at the handlebar and at the carbs still leaves a ton of slack. Is there a way to space this out, or do I need to cut the cable and shorten it? Seems like I'm missing something here.

Thanks,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Where did you get the cable? I have had issues recently with inexpensive aftermarket cables from ebay. Not like yours but for example I had to grind down the end of one to make it fit. Whole lotta crap out there...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh and make sure the throttle tubes are in the right way (tapered side towards the motor). If they are in backwards they won't drop down all the way and you will feel a lot of slack.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh and make sure the throttle tubes are in the right way (tapered side towards the motor). If they are in backwards they won't drop down all the way and you will feel a lot of slack.
Ahem, meant to say the throttle slide cutaway should face the air box. Hopefully you figured it out already.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Check the cable length against the old one or ask someone to measure theirs, some sellers say their cables will fit but the wont.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts