Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Digging into my 71 CL350 replacing the clutch cable, throttle cable, front brake cable and the rectifier/regulator. I have the clutch cable replaced and adjusted per the sticky. AWESOME! Went super easy! Also finished the brake cable. Again, pretty easy. Just some final adjustments when I get her back running. Now, my issue is with the throttle cable. What is the proper adjustment procedure for this? Is the screw at the handlebar an adjustment or is the stop nut just to keep it tight? How much 'play' should be in the throttle grip? And do I watch the attachment point where the cable's barrel end attaches to the carb to sync or somewhere else on/in the carb to get the sync correct?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well. New cables installed and having more issues than ever! ARRRGHHH! So frustrated!
I have some binding on the throttle cable.... turn right, revs up high. Clutch is almost adjusted... as it revs high, the rear tire starts to creep. And left carb is intermittent. I already timed it again and that helped it run smoothly but I'm just a bit overwhelmed as to where to start adjusting first. I also installed the new rectifier / regulator from Common Motor Collective but I am unsure which wires are supposed to be connected in the headlight bucket. I know it says the white and yellow wire but I'm not sure if I connect something wrong if I'll fry something. Is it the white wire that goes to the headlight?

·
Super Moderator
5,924 Posts
Yellow wire and a white wire with a yellow marker.....Not the white wire to the headlight. The best place to jump them together is under the tank. There are connections in the rubber shield under the tank....The wires are easier to identify as there are no headlight wires.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. I found the wires. Unfortunately now I have another problem! Now, all of a sudden, I have no spark on either side. I pulled the tank off to adjust the throttle cable. No more binding with that. I put the tank back on, put some gas in it and..... now I lost all spark on both sides. Ughhh. I don't even know were to stay chasing power!

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
the best money I have spent is on a remote fuel tank from motion pro. You pull your fuel tank off, hang the aux tank from the bike and connect to the carbs. You can do all of your adjustments and troubleshooting with the tank out of the way and the bike can run

20150727_192305[1].jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a good idea. I'm tired of wearing gas from the crossover everytime I have to pull the tank off

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. I'm tired of wearing gas from the crossover everytime I have to pull the tank off

Use a quick disconnect valve in the line. Once you go to put the tank back on, watch the throttle cable, you won't know until you start it. I ruined a perfectly good pair of underwear by not paying attention, scared the crap out of me, before I got the bottle and was really tired of taking it on and off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
is there any post you have seen about the steps in disconnecting the choke and throttle cables from the carb? We are newbies and I need to take the carb out to investigate the float. Thanks in advance for any coaching

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
is there any post you have seen about the steps in disconnecting the choke and throttle cables from the carb? We are newbies and I need to take the carb out to investigate the float. Thanks in advance for any coaching
You should start a new thread in the appropriate section for your bike so you get the proper exposure to the question, and remember to say what bike you're working on too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts