Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After moving to Florida 5 years ago I'm finally at a point where I can get things running again. I sorted out my gas tank issue and am putting things back together. Clutch adjusted, i pulled the carbs and sprayed inside, although admittedly didn't take it apart. Put the carbs on and hooked up the throttle cables. When I did it everything looked good. After a couple days the left side throttle screw isn't snapping back, it's a nice slow return. I'm not sure if this is a cable issue or a carb issue. Any initial thoughts to where to start.

Note, this isn't running, it's not (yet) an idle issue, or air leak issue. Simply a slowly returning left throttle cable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disconnected...lifting by the throttle screw on the outside, it usually snaps back. But sometimes.....takes a long time. I assume it's a good time for a thorough carb cleaning now. Interesting it sometimes snaps back though and isn't sticky every time.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Also experiment with the screws that hold the intakes to the carbs, too tight can cause the slides to stick

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jets and carb body cleaned and gave it a good spray all inside. Checked float height. Wintergreen oil on the o rings and then back together tomorrow. The jets were plugged up so I may as well do the same to the other side while it's easy to get to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts