Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1971 cb350 super sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, does anyone have experience with the right length of throttle cable on clubman handle bars(1971 cb350k3)? Im having trouble adjusting my slack while keeping the throttle tight enough to roll back. I actually cant get the throttle to roll back. Next off day i get im emptying some lube into both sides of the cable. Seems like the only cable that isnt stock. Maybe its just routing…

·
Registered
1974 Honda CB360, 1981 Kawasaki CSR250
4 Posts
I'm no motorcycle guru, but I do have a lot of experience with Bowden cables in automotive applications. If you are still using the stock throttle and only changed bars, the resistance is most likely a kink or too tight of a bend somewhere. The cable is still the same length in relation to the sheath, so if it was working fine before the change it should work fine now.

·
Registered
1971 cb350 super sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately it wasnt working properly when i bought the bike and when i finished looking at the carbs i kinda just threw the throttle cable back in. It might just be doubley wrong now. I’ll re route them unattached, and hopefully un kinked, then we’ll know if its a length problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts