Honda Twins banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Double check routing then play with both the adjustment at the handlebar and the two at the carb until you find something that allows it to snap back.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Are both cables free of kinks and slid smoothly before you installed them?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
If you havent already done so I find that running the cables between the upper motor mounts makes things work better. Going around the left upper mount tends to bind the cables.

Bill

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Yes, there's a cable adjuster on the pull cable. That's used for adjusting the fine actuation of the throttle.
It sounds like the cables on the carbs are switched.
The "push" cable, it actually pulls, has 1 nut on it and is attached closest to the engine. It is also the one to the rear of the switch pod on the bars.
The Pull cable has 2 nuts and is attached in the rear most position on the carbs. At the bars it's the front cable in the switch pod.
Here's a carb picture
GEDC2195.jpg

·
Registered
805 Posts
below it where the cables go up into the tube assembly, one cable should have an end that screws in (adjustment), the other should have a nut that holds it in.

There's your definitive answer^

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
OK, then you're looking at the assembly of the throttle tube on the bars, inside the switch housing.
Does the throttle tube fit loosely on the bars or is there drag? It should be completely free.
How does it fit and move in the switch pod? Again it should be completely free.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It may be too tight but I loosened than and it did the same I believe I'm at work right now so I will check tonight

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
If it works freely off the bar, the handle grip may be fouling on the end of the handle bar. Try moving the throttle grip out a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a hollow handle and I've lubed it I'm starting to think I need to take the hole thing apart and clean it because black crud keeps coming out

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Just like every part of any old bike, unless you've actually had it apart you never know what you'll find.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's working but I warped the mettale clamp inside the handle itself that's the problem but that you attend for the help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts