Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
I just wish they would start with a old roached out bike,not a nice survivor.

·
Registered
480 Posts
What a colossal tragedy for that bike...a young guy finds it complete and original in a barn, then due to no connection to the era or it's historic significance chops it up...no place to properly store it and a tree finally puts it out of it's misery. Then he says the last pic is of it in it's finest glory. What a dumb****!
The last part of my "tag line" is sadly becoming history.:(

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
"at the height of her glory"...?? Wow, what a low threshold to announce to the world. Rizingson, I've always liked your signature line and sadly, this is a classic example of why it continues to become more true every day. an absolute tragedy, indeed, caused by someone so clueless that he isn't aware one bit

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I just wish they would start with a old roached out bike,not a nice survivor.
I agree wholeheartedly. Keep in mind the ad says this chop job was done 8 years ago. I think as every year goes by there is a greater understanding and appreciation for a solid original condition old Honda. My senses have certainly evolved over the years. With that being said, I’ve seen many worse hack jobs on Hondas. Mechanical functions aside, this chop has the right look and lines in my opinion. I’m like Doode, if this was near me I would snap this up in a heartbeat for the asking price. What’s done is done and it would be fun to play with at this point.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I hear you on the 8 years ago part... and what's done is done, for sure, but even 8 years ago this thing was still 40 years old. Overall, there's a lot more reverence for 40 year old cars and unless it was a Hudson, Studebaker, Desoto, Edsel or other shorter-lived car than that, there were hundreds of thousands if not millions of more common older cars to hack up - and still we mostly see those 40+ year old cars fairly restored. Just something about the chopping up of one example of a much more limited number of vintage bikes that galls... but it does create opportunity for someone else I guess

·
Registered
342 Posts
That bike is the reason I shudder when someone announces the beginning of a "build".
More times than not the bike ends up as junk. Keepin em stock works for me.
Look at my avatar, ratty stock but rideable.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Nice story, no title but he rode for two years. More likely some gave it to him to get it out of their way. What's a used engine(probably froze up from sitting)and two wheels worth?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Harleys are not nearly as dependable as a honda. Honda vintage choppers are cool as f#ck!
Anyone wanting to get rid of honda chopper stuff, hit me up

Reactions: TOOLS1

·
Registered
805 Posts
Harleys are not nearly as dependable as a honda. Honda vintage choppers are cool as f#ck!
Anyone wanting to get rid of honda chopper stuff, hit me up
Has anyone in recent memory chosen a Harley because it's dependable? I thought it was about looking cool and making loud noises or something...
Hardtails and extended forks are also about looking cool, a bike with them can't really be defined as dependable (good luck turning corners and going over bumps). Making something dependable non-dependable to look cool just seems like a waste.

But if you've got a Honda with a bent frame and a welder I agree, go crazy and make something cool.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Took the chain guard off of my schwinn stingrays when I was 9 yrs old and took the pick guard off my vintage lp flametop when i was in bands, cuz it looks cooler. Nerds.
Just kidding man. I love all vintage hondas stock, cafe or badass chopper!
Btw, that's more of a hardtail bobber in the first place isn't it?
Sent you a dm riz

Reactions: 12ozPBR

·
Registered
4,458 Posts

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Has anyone in recent memory chosen a Harley because it's dependable? I thought it was about looking cool and making loud noises or something...
I've had this one for 28 years (bought it used) and it's been a very dependable motorcycle. If the owners don't screw them up, they are good bikes for casual, fun riding.

5-11-18.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts