Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hmmm, 30mph tops ? What's the fun in that ? I think there's some E- bicycles that do 50. Other than that it's a good looker.
P.S. E- skatebaoards are getting really sick. Recharging on downhills n such.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Was just reading about that a few minutes ago. I think the design is fine, but the electronically limited top-speed of 30 mph is a real head-scratcher and I think it would scare away most of the North American audience. Where I live, that speed would be borderline dangerous on back roads, let alone 4-lane highways.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I kinda like it, I also like that it isn't trying to look like a conventional motorcycle. I'm sure you could find someone with computer skilz to circumvent that 30mph top speed. The swappable batteries is a good idea.

·
Registered
125 Posts
For the price of that you can get a new 300CC bike or a very good used 600-1000CC and not be limited to a measly 50 Mile range and 30 MPH top speed. Really don't get the point of these e-bikes, they all cost thousands of $, for the cost of one of these might as well go buy a use motorcycle that isn't so limited.

·
Registered
856 Posts
For the price of that you can get a new 300CC bike or a very good used 600-1000CC and not be limited to a measly 50 Mile range and 30 MPH top speed. Really don't get the point of these e-bikes, they all cost thousands of $, for the cost of one of these might as well go buy a use motorcycle that isn't so limited.
I don't look at this as a substitute for a real motorcycle, it's more akin to a moped than anything else imo.

·
Registered
856 Posts
You can get a decent moped for cheaper than that bike though.
An electric one? You are comparing apples to oranges. While I wouldn't pony up 4k for an electric bike there is a market for it. The customer for this e moto isn't the same as the guy spending a couple hundred on a used 2 stroke moped.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Fair enough. I personally don't get why anyone would spend so much on such a limited form of transport, but maybe someone out there thinks this is perfect. I imaging eventually when batteries cost less these will be a lot more compelling.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I like it!!!!

The 30mph top end should be viewed alongside the fact it is being promoted as an urban bike. ;)

Traditional motorcycling (for lack of a better term) has a tendency to blind us to the market (most of) these things are pointed at. I noticed the 5 hr. recharge time and the ability to take the battery pack with you. I see this as a huge plus for someone riding to work! Not only can you carry the battery to somewhere convenient for charging, nobody else can steal your partially charged bike w/o the battery! And of course that 5hr. change time fits neatly into just about any work schedule. Yeah, in the European or Asian urban markets I see this as a real innovation.

If they become available in The States I might even be interested at $3,400! Cooler than a 50cc scooter! :grin:

Now what is that sound they speak of??? :eek:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
.. it “looks” different.. the rear suspension with minimal travel is by no means for anyone over 98lbs soaking wet.. this is all FORM, function was an afterthought..
Kinda like the Pontiac Aztec.. all function, hell I think it actually came with a “tent” as a option.. FORM..,that was something left on the drawing room floor... I can’t believe ANYone in the automotive business would have signed off on that UUUUGGGLLLYYYY thing

·
Registered
856 Posts
.. it “looks” different.. the rear suspension with minimal travel is by no means for anyone over 98lbs soaking wet.. this is all FORM, function was an afterthought..
Kinda like the Pontiac Aztec.. all function, hell I think it actually came with a “tent” as a option.. FORM..,that was something left on the drawing room floor... I can’t believe ANYone in the automotive business would have signed off on that UUUUGGGLLLYYYY thing
How much suspension do you need cruising around the city under 30mph? I ride my mountain bike around town under 30mph and it has even less suspension. It isn't meant to be a dirt bike or a full fledged motorcycle. It's too expensive for me and doesn't suit my needs but some of the criticism seems unwarranted.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
...Kinda like the Pontiac Aztec.. all function, hell I think it actually came with a “tent” as a option.. FORM..,that was something left on the drawing room floor... I can’t believe ANYone in the automotive business would have signed off on that UUUUGGGLLLYYYY thing
I was looking for a smaller SUV a number of years ago and the salesman steered me over to look at an Aztek. I told him i didn't like its looks, and he asked me what was wrong with it. I told him the front end looked like someone put one car on top of another and then crushed them together...:D

Aztek.jpg

·
Registered
757 Posts
I was looking for a smaller SUV a number of years ago and the salesman steered me over to look at an Aztek. I told him i didn't like its looks, and he asked me what was wrong with it. I told him the front end looked like someone put one car on top of another and then crushed them together...:D
That is exactly what they looked like! It was like someone at Pontiac saw all the "tall" SUV's and decided to just build up from what they had. "Ummm, it don't work that way Jake." Only Jake had more pull with management. :-?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I dont want to get myself in trouble here but I saw a full blown , card holding , bike gang member riding an ebike . Maybe checking out for his kid or maybe they are catching on.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts