Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,924 Posts
Doesn't look like an expansion chamber, more like a muffler....On a car, we would call them resonators.....

Looks like left and right side, rather than both left on the CL scrambler... Closer to the SL, but headers are tighter turns...over the top of the cases, rather than under them....

If I had a 350, I would consider them...They look pretty good, at least at first glance.

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
I want them...don't need them for any current project but have saved the link for future reference...would love to hear from anyone running them

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
They look like the FMF mega bomb headers on this Husqvarna FE501 SM (ohhh I want one SOOOO bad)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I saw those as well when I was looking for an exhaust for my 350. But I didn't want to be the first to buy them, lol. Not to sure if I like the resonators, and the way the headers are a bunch of little welded up pieces. I don't think it looks quite right. For me anyway.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I saw those as well when I was looking for an exhaust for my 350. But I didn't want to be the first to buy them, lol. Not to sure if I like the resonators, and the way the headers are a bunch of little welded up pieces. I don't think it looks quite right. For me anyway.
Some of the old Yamaha 750 dirt trackers had a mid-pipe resonator like that, so I'd guess it probably does something good, maybe adds some torque at a certain rpm range. I'm with you, though, those headers would look MUCH better if they were one smooth pipe bend, not a hundred little pieces welded together.

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
the hundred pieces welded together look is very cool in my book...looks like all the motogp bikes :)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
True, but I'm thinking more of a vintage look for a vintage bike. I suppose if the 350 was a racer (or street going racer-replica) it would be a good fit with the style. Those pipes on an otherwise stock bike look out of place to me, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts