Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a couple of speeding tickets on my cb750 and the fun i had at red line on it i was looking for some alternatives, mainly the old saying "it's more fun to go fast slow than to go slow fast" So that got me looking into some smaller bikes. i saw that the cb175's have a red line of 10.5k, that sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me, without much of a chance of breaking every speed limit in the city. So the question isn't so much if i want the bike, but what direction i would take with it once i got it, i definity know i would like to do some drop bars and possibly some sort of minimalist racer with rear sets possibly. But the decision i'm having trouble with is whether i should listen to the angel on my right shoulder to just rebuild the motor to stock spec and be safe in beating the crap out of it, or listen to the devil on my left and try and raise the red line just a bit more. I'm thinking if i were to embark on such an endeavor i would start with aluminum pistons, hotter cam, stiffer valve springs, and some bigger carbs, and possibly some hardened valves?(as I've heard the heads can be prone to falling off at high revs). what do you guys think? should i leave it alone or if i do decide to push it what should i keep in mind?

Thanks for your input -kyle

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Welcome to Honda Twins, and yes it is possible to get tickets on a 175. The CB175 is a great bike. Go find one and get it running the way Honda intended. Consider a 350 or 450 too. Both of these models run well over 10K but give a nice mid range too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts