Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a 1970 CB350. what is the piece near the front brake where the mirror screws in? I think I may have seen this called a "perch", but I may be wrong. I need to replace this on my bike, which I recently bought.
online I can only seem to find the brake lever itself and not this other piece. can anyone suggest where I might find one? a link to a reputable dealer would be great!

in general, where is the best place to buy parts for an older cb350?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Your bike originally has the brake lever perch integrated into the entire switch (obviously, I'm not sure if it's still that way after all these years). There are 2 ways you could go - separate perch and switch as the later models were, or the original complete assembly. Switches aren't cheap on these vintage bikes no matter, and many people opt for reproduction parts or generic. If you want the original, here is the part number and a place you can look up all the other part numbers you'll need in the future (but shop the internet using the part number, because their shipping is really high coming from The Netherlands) 35300-317-670

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb350k2-super-sport-1970-usa_model431/partslist/F++01.html#results

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome! thanks for the help! that site you linked to is great, I hadn't known it had existed and it never came up in my searches for parts before.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
You don't mention in your post WHY you want to replace the Switch Pod assembly.

What is the specific issue?
Broken, Switch Not working?

You'll notice that the CMSNL site has the part listed as:
Notify when Available.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it has been in the status for about 20 years.

NEW - Right Hand Switch assemblies are about as rare as Unicorns.
Beat up ones that can be rebuilt show up on eBay now & then.

There is an excellent write up in the Stickies about rebuilding the switches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You don't mention in your post WHY you want to replace the Switch Pod assembly.

What is the specific issue?
Broken, Switch Not working?
The switch works fine. what is broken is the threaded hole where the mirror screws in. it appears that a previous owner must've had the mirror bend with enough force to shear off about 1/2 of the hole, so now it's, as viewed from the top, a semi-circle.
I can post a picture later if it helps.
I can't think of anyway to fix such a break but am open to suggestions!

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Good News bad news.

If I was you all you need to do is find a beat up switch on eBay that has a good lower half.

the lever Perch and Mirror mount are part of the bottom half.

Find the cheapest one you can and read the Sticky on rebuilding but really all you need to know is the disassembly and swap of the lower half.

Still the part isn't going to be cheap.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Or... Find a different way to mount the mirror. Perhaps even a different mirror.

A pic of the actual damage might help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts