Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Frankenengine is taking shape and as it will be going in place of the CD engine and its single carb, I will be putting in place a pair of CB175 carbs.
I never owned the air box for Tidler an have always had a single Chinese k&n copy on it.

I have standard carb to head flange/tubes, it’s the carb to filter tubes and filter that I need to decide how to do.
What do the collective think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Alex, I've a spare pair of CB175 K6 filters and air boxes, same as CB200, which you are welcome to for the price of postage.

They are my first attempt at building foam filters, and the one rubber carb to filter tube has been 'repaired' by me with rubber from another air filter, but they are serviceable, and I'm sure you could improve on them.

Interestingly, and I'm amazed that I hadn't noticed until 10 minutes ago, when I was digging in the shed, looking for the above mentioned, CB175K4 filters are quite different to the K6/7/CB200 ones. The rubber from the carb to the air filter box is longer, making the air box slightly smaller (shorter), also the outer cover / silencer is less restrictive on the K4 air box.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a plan Richard!
I like the ide a of going as standard as possible with the air in so that the 175/200 engine mix and the Portus in the head can be proven while running as stock as possible 175 carbs and filters

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Just pm me a postal address if you want to go ahead with this.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but here's the difference between K4 and K6 filters, not noticed this until interest sparked by your question.

K4

20171101_231238.jpg

K6

DSCF1922.jpg

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All good info Richard!

I still have Tidler’s side panels so filters and air box can be accommodated.
I did fill all the mounting holes but a new tray will mean a re-design anyway

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
They are on the way, Royal Mail 2nd class.

Don't worry about the postage, it was much less than expected.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome Richard, thanks.

I need to send a few beer tokens at least!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts