Honda Twins banner

1081 - 1100 of 1108 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I left home for DGR yesterday:

Well done. Our local DGR was cancelled as the weather was so bad with flooding it was unsafe. :cry:
Sorry to hear that, but safety first. If DGR would be scheduled for today, there will be only fraction of attendands in Poland. We have 40 knots winds (guts at 60) and stormy rainfalls today.

Reactions: HondaCB200Lady

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Out for a spin on the '69 before winter sets in. Some of the trees here in north Alabama are just beginning to show a little color. Should be really pretty in another couple weeks. The old bike is still running great - glad I finally got the carb problems sorted.

10-18-19a.jpg

10-18-19b.jpg

10-18-19c.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Well, not an outing yet, but make the bike ready for one.
An every year ritual, putting back the batterty, checking points, check valve clearance, chain slack, electrical contacts, greasing cables etc.
I did this outside, just to let the bike getting used to the new season.

btw, all tools used for these actions are in the little box before the bike. I always take this with me, wherever I go. In the tool box I keep bulbs (front and rear), fuses, complete ignition plate,condensor, some bolts and other small parts.
IMG_8728.jpg

·
Registered
160 Posts
First ride in this season in a rural neighborhood. Colza is blooming quite early this spring. We have perfect weather for riding, but drought is a serious problem right now.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I hope you had a good time, we are still in lockdown, so no riding for pleasure, only essential travel, even in the car.
First ride in this season in a rural neighborhood. Colza is blooming quite early this spring. We have perfect weather for riding, but drought is a serious problem right now. View attachment 307812

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this. Strict limitation in Poland had been changed for more liberal ones on Monday this week. I wish pandemic won't hurt You seriously.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It was in the mid 60's today and mostly sunny so I thought I would take a ride to a nice spot to get a picture with the bike. I live about 20 miles from the highest spot in our county which is called Fisk Knob. Really enjoyed the ride but when I got to the entrance the gate was locked, apparantly due to our current state of affairs. On the way back I thought of another spot to get a pic and stopped there. This is a diner car that was brought to our area from New Jersey around 1989 and opened in 1991 as Rosies Diner. It was where the Rosie Bounty (quicker picker upper) commercials were filmed when it was in New Jersey. It started out really well here but after being sold to a younger couple it went out of business in around 2011. It was later auctioned off and a local car dealer bought it. Nothing has been done with it since then. Alot of classic cars and bikes still go to get pictures taken in front of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Took the "Gold Panther" on a little run to stretch it's legs for the first time in around 15-20 years. Still a long way to go with it. I ordered tires, carb gaskets, uni foam to put the stock air box back on and some other odds and ends. Admittedly though, she performed pretty well on the ride today. Pulled nicely, stopped okay and idled pretty well considering the small amount of work I've done so far.

I need to figure out something with the exhaust. The muffler is cool looking, but its attached poorly and leaks like crazy from the joint.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Took the "Gold Panther" on a little run to stretch it's legs for the first time in around 15-20 years. Still a long way to go with it. I ordered tires, carb gaskets, uni foam to put the stock air box back on and some other odds and ends. Admittedly though, she performed pretty well on the ride today. Pulled nicely, stopped okay and idled pretty well considering the small amount of work I've done so far.

I need to figure out something with the exhaust. The muffler is cool looking, but its attached poorly and leaks like crazy from the joint.

Nice picture - where was it taken?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked this cj360 up super cheap yesterday. I was able to ride it about an hour home. It runs pretty strong. Just have to fix some wiring issues with the lighting. Also gonna fab a rear fender with a real tail light and do something with that bulky seat. The previous owner did a pretty good job reworking the old seat pan, I just want to shrink it down its kanda awkward looking.

1081 - 1100 of 1108 Posts