1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Show the pipes!!! That's what makes a scrambler a scrambler... :-D

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
this side of the bike looks nice too - but from a distance... the same distance no matter if you click on the picture or not. more zooming issues - did you upload this picture from a phone? the first picture (opposite of the pipes) zoomed in fine

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this side of the bike looks nice too - but from a distance... the same distance no matter if you click on the picture or not. more zooming issues - did you upload this picture from a phone? the first picture (opposite of the pipes) zoomed in fine
Yeah. I got lazy, I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. Here is another shot, albeit with my truck in the background. I like the non-pipe side. The pipes have seen better days. I had to weld and grind the mufflers for a week straight. I had very little welding experience and for 90% of the welds I was using welding a glass that was too dark. Combine that with the thin sheet metal of the muffler and you can already imagine the master piece. But hey, the original muffler is still on and I took care of all of the rust. Here is what they looked like when I got the bike (you can imagine how the rest of the bike looked): https://cl350blog.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/muffler-1.jpg?w=616

DSC_1154.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yeah. I got lazy, I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. Here is another shot, albeit with my truck in the background. I like the non-pipe side. The pipes have seen better days. I had to weld and grind the mufflers for a week straight. I had very little welding experience and for 90% of the welds I was using welding a glass that was too dark. Combine that with the thin sheet metal of the muffler and you can already imagine the master piece. But hey, the original muffler is still on and I took care of all of the rust. Here is what they looked like when I got the bike (you can imagine how the rest of the bike looked)
Yeah, it really does make a difference in most cases. Pretty typical deterioration for CL mufflers, good that you could save them because good used replacements are hard to find and come at premium prices, as you would imagine. Overall, the bike looks like a decent survivor - and having painted parts still original is a big plus. Nice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts