Honda Twins banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Completely agree, it's why I bought a new spring for mine as well. I did something that you should do (but your footpeg bracket is already painted/powdercoated), I had my welder friend build up a little extra on the sidestand stop to help it stay a bit lower for shifter clearance. Yours is up significantly due to the exhaust not being there anymore

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Completely agree, it's why I bought a new spring for mine as well. I did something that you should do (but your footpeg bracket is already painted/powdercoated), I had my welder friend build up a little extra on the sidestand stop to help it stay a bit lower for shifter clearance. Yours is up significantly due to the exhaust not being there anymore
I can see where that would be a problem. Little late for it now. Oh well. Exhaust should be going on next, finishing of some new CNC'd collars.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
finishing of some new CNC'd collars.
Can I get you to make a set for my budget drag bike? I was going to buy another set from Speedy Siegl but they're $50 plus shipping and tax, kinda pricey, and I don't want to use the humongous and heavy OEM pair

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Can I get you to make a set for my budget drag bike? I was going to buy another set from Speedy Siegl but they're $50 plus shipping and tax, kinda pricey, and I don't want to use the humongous and heavy OEM pair
I'll PM you when they're done

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
It's been a while since I have updated this project. Work and personal life have been crazy since the beginning of the spring semester (teaching 4 new curriculum's) but with warmer weather around the corner I brought the project home.

I'm trying to finish up all the small stuff like brake arms, cotter pins, etc. as I get the tins ready for paint during the spring break. Once thats done, it'll be no time before I can call this finished (finally).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Took advantage of some rare nice weather here in Wisconsin and got the Hooker exhaust all mounted up. I was a little bummer that I had to take the center stand out to accommodate for the exhaust, but you got to do what you got to do sometimes.

During this little break from school (state mandated) I will be getting the tank and side covers prepped and painted.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
The tank looks really good. Is that the same paint as on the fenders? What clear coat did you use?
The fenders were powder coated. The tank and side covers are a different color than those. Clear coat is off of eBay, but I can’t remember the brand off hand.

·
Registered
710 Posts
IT LIVES!!!!
Come on, admit it. Hearing that first burble from the exhaust was way more satisfying than just buying ready to go would have been.
Looks great even on an overcast day.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts