Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure my husband loves my bike almost as much as I do and nearly as much as he loves his own. He's been really polishing up the "shiny bits" as well as changing out the handlebars, fixing my seat, replacing the shocks and air filters, painting the chain guard and rear tail light, etc. It's a smoking hot bike that certainly gets lots of attention.

New K & N's, polished fins and engine cover

Shined up sexy scrambler pipes (he soaked the heat shield and every bolt to remove the rust)

"New" seat: Actually just the seat cover is new. He took the old seat apart and shaved the foam to give it a better shape

Replaced original handlebars with CB handlebars

The next pretty fall day, I'll get a better shot of her in the sun.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Very nice! I have the same bike in the Strato Blue color, but my paint is not as good as yours. Has your bike been painted, or is that the original paint? These little bikes are a lot of fun. Enjoy!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! The previous owner did the re-paint. It really is so beautiful -- especially in the sun.

Yes, it is a fun bike -- especially since I'm a new rider and this is my first bike. I love it! Can't see ever selling it even if I decide to eventually move to something bigger. It finally did get a proper ride from me last weekend with a 53-mile ride out in the Colorado countryside. My longest ride since learning and getting licensed. What a blast! :D

BTW, fxray, saw you're from Central IL. Whereabout? I grew up in Central IL and we lived there until 1997. Still have family back there.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
I'm from Washington Illinois. Other than about ten years in Peoria, I've been hanging around here all my life.

Do you know where the previous owner got the paint done?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm from the Springfield area and we moved here from Champaign.

The previous owner, who's actually a friend of ours, had purchased the bike for his wife when she first learned to ride. He did the paint himself. He does great work, doesn't he?! He actually builds and restores bikes for a living and works at Colorado Norton Works. I'm actually considering getting a CB seat and tank and painting the tank a pearl white with a black stripe. Not sure if/when I'm going to do that but I'll keep you all posted if I do.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
He did do a nice job on the paint. The tank stripe is tricky to reproduce and keep it looking stock. If you find a CB seat and tank to paint pearl white, it would be nice to find another set of side covers, headlight ears and bucket. That way you could keep the candy orange sheet metal set as is, which looks original. It's getting tough to find some of those parts in good condition, though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, that would be the plan. Keep all of the orange parts orange and then be able to swap out. Wishful thinking, I'm sure. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! I love her. :D

After a nasty little cold and wind spell, we are going to have a few days of Indian Summer. Looking forward to some riding this weekend. Will post some pictures if we get any good ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts