Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"You need another bike like you need a hole in the head !!" - that's the response from Wifey when I dragged this one home.......

Picked it up yesterday - $300, clean title.
1971 C70M, pretty fair shape. 3-speed, auto clutch heel-toe shifter setup.
All there except for the missing chain case and buddy pegs.
Cracked front fender, non-original mirrors, some "lumpiness" in the rear fender.
Mud guard was installed improperly, some heat damage near the bottom.
Original tires, really bad shape. Needs a seat cover.
"Pine Green" paint has been rattle-canned at some point, not such a great job.
Exhaust good, front rim good - some rust on the back rim. Rust in general is not bad at all.
It started right up and ran ok - a number of oil leaks indicates a motor rebuild.

Much to my delight, these things still have a lot of parts available from Honda (imagine that), and they're not too pricey......
Of course I know NOTHING about these bikes - but we never let that stop us, do we??

For a switch, I need a Manual - any help??????

Maybe I'll actually make some $$ on this one ??

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Cool, the first "big bike", other than my Taco 44 mini bike, that I ever rode was one of those. It seemed like a rocket ship back then.

Very cool. Tell you wife if she doesn't think you should have it then she doesn't have to ride it when you're done. :)

congrats.

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
What a coincicence! I just picked up a pair of GL500s yesterday. One rider and one pretty much a source of parts but they both have titles. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

In my case, the wifely comments vaguely referenced my ability to count versus that of my 5-year-old grandson. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I may have a chain cover for a ct 70, not sure, I'll look next time i'm in ny..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts