Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mrgreen: Hey, folks. After lots of hemming and hawing and looking around, I finally found THE BIKE.

It's a K1 CL350 with a frame date of 2/70. It runs pretty well, and has new tires, but I want to do the bearings, all the cables, fix a few things (like reinstall the original white headlight bucket, which I have, but no rim), and get it cleaned up a bit.

I've got a 1970 CT90 that serves as my "parts getter" as I get this one ready.

This site is quite the find. I've been posting at ADVrider for a bit, but with the old bikes it's sort of like shouting into the wind there.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
That's a good looking bike you've got there. If it has a frame date 2/70 it must be one of the very last K1's. When I first saw it I thought it might be a late '69 model but it looks like all the parts are there. The headlight and the non original seat are the only thing that jumps out at me.

They're simple to work on and lots of fun to ride.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am really stoked.

I was really confused at first, because the information on a lot of websites was contradictory--the frame date made it a K2 according to some folks (and some said the lack of the extra sprocket holes on the hub made it a K2 as well) but a lot of info pointed to it being "the last of the K1s" including the frame number of 106xxxx.

The PO did the seat, and it's decent job, but he didn't replace the foam, so eventually I'll redo it. He also did the headlight with a non-metal bucket because he had trouble finding a rim to fit the white metal bucket. It all works, so it's not a priority, but I do so want to return the white bucket to its rightful place--looks sooooo much sweeter that way.

My plan first is to make it absolutely functional so I can ride it with confidence. Along the way, I will try to return it to stock condition. I do not have a good indoor workspace right now, so a restoration is not in the cards. Yet. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Super cool bike. I've got a '69 just like it in orange. You're going to love that bike. Everywhere I go a crowd of people always swarm the bike. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Bobblehead great looking bike, I'm a fan of the CL look. Where in NJ are you? It's my 'second home' these days.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bobblehead said:
malcolmgb said:
Hi Bobblehead great looking bike, I'm a fan of the CL look. Where in NJ are you? It's my 'second home' these days.
I am just over the Hudson from all those busy people. :mrgreen: How about you? Why oh why is it your second home?
Ok, my daughter lives near Sussex up in the NW Tri-state area.
In the last 12 months I have been over 3 times a total of 4 months. I have my CL175 there bought from just up the road in Newfoundland.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
malcolmgb said:
Ok, my daughter lives near Sussex up in the NW Tri-state area.
In the last 12 months I have been over 3 times a total of 4 months. I have my CL175 there bought from just up the road in Newfoundland.
Sussex is good riding territory. :cool:

I grew up in Morris County, and even though I live in Hudson County, I bought both my CT90 and my CL350 in northwestern NJ--and, by sheer coincidence, I bought my CT90 from the father of someone I went to high school with in the 1970s, and I bought my CL350 from someone who went to my high school before I did. :eek: Both bikes I found on craigslist, and I had no idea when I expressed interest that I knew/knew of the sellers.

So, your CL175 is here, and you are across the pond?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes there are some great roads around there, always feel envious when I see them riding past.
Yes my CL is still there, it still needs a little bit of work to put it on the road. I don't have a US drivers licence so unable to 'Title' in my name, would have to put in daughters name, then get a plate for it then insure it all just for a few hours use every year. I am looking to ship it back next year, the CL was never sold in the UK so will create some interest, there was a '72 model for sale on UK eBay recently. I keep looking for a CB/CL450 on eBay & CraigsList, maybe one day I will get lucky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts