Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'72 CB175 ~ I'm striking out every way possible thus far. Does anyone have any idea where I could locate one? Auto part Gear Bicycle part Wheel Rim
As can be seen, mine is a bit worn and damaged. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
There are 6 of them on eBay right now.

Reactions: Erwin

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I apologize, I wasn't as specific as I should have been.
I'm looking for OEM NOS if at all possible. I haven't searched that long and not ready to give up just yet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy I spoke to said it was an aftermarket part??? He didn't seem too interested in sending or receiving a pic. The search continues....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They're very proud of the listed sprocket, that's for sure. I'm left wondering if this part is worth keeping factory at that price. I want to do an accurate restoration but I also am not made of money. Thanks LDR, I thank you.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
You might contact some of the sprocket manufacturers and talk with them explaining the desire for as close to original as possible
Here's one Home

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok. I've been searching off and on (mostly off) for a little while now and I found a 40 tooth OEM sprocket. Will a two tooth increase make a discernible difference in riding (speed) and will it still work with the factory front sprocket. I am not familiar with chains and sprockets so I will take all the advice I can get. This is my old sprocket

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Ok, I missed the one fact that you're looking for an OEM for the sake of a quality restoration. Perhaps my links below will lead you to other OEM part numbers.

How about the J-T Sprockets catalog.
There are downloadable PDF versions and I was surprised to find an online version.
Its extremely searchable by bike manufacturer, and model, and it even has good info on versions of bikes that were only available in certain countries.

But the best part, the very best part is the measured drawing ofeach of their sprockets.
Sometimes you can find a sprocket from a similar model that is only a few tenths of a millimeter off from a perfect match, a little creative work with a rat tail file and you're in business, it just takes a little searching.

JT Sprockets: Catalogue

And behold, although used on many different bikes over the years, their JTR269 sprocket can be had with 34-60 teeth.
JT Sprockets: Catalogue

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Jtr269-38&_sop=15

CHEERS!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, but (in case you aren't aware) be prepared for a big shipping cost from them, considering it costs $25 to ship an o-ring from there
Yep. That would be $155.74 sprocket. $37.91 for shipping. Oh well, it's only money, right. I know I'll never get the money back out of it so I may as well go 100% OEM resto. I've went this far...and still going lol. Now If I can just find the correct kick stand but that's for another thread....9
Thanks guys. I appreciate your time and help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts