Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have the chance to buy a cb360. It has a UK registration and a logbook. The logbook says the bike was registered in April 1976 but the frame number suggests a 1974 bike.

F/n cb360-10956**

The engine number is some 4300 behind the frame number

cb360E-10912**

Both number match the logbook.

Now I know the number are not going to match but would this put you off buying the bike. Were there really 1974 bikes being registered in 1976??. I know these cb360 engine were not always the most reliable (ha ha) and it may have been replaced.

Your thoughts.....

Ta
Nairb

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Numbers rarely line up on Honda bikes in the 70's, some are 100s off some are 1000's off some are newer and some are older just depending on when the parts met each other at the assembly line.

That engine number indicates that it is a 74 and as such should be checked for the recall work as noted here http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/47-manuals-technical-documents/4382-360-bulletins-re-posted.html
Parts are available for the recalls, new cam chain slippers are currently being made and the rocker shafts can be found used and possibly new.

Far as the registering of the bike in 76, that is no matter so long as you remember that a 74 and a 76 360 are not the same and you need to be looking for parts for a 74 year model should you need something. Some bikes sat in a show room for a while before they are sold and then registered as the year they are sold not the year they are made.

Long as the bike is in good shape and/or has been taken care off and is reasonably priced there is no reason not to look at getting it. They are plenty of fun and are as reliable as any other bike made during that era. They just got a bad rap because they were not as "insert your comment here" as the 350s were. I've had plenty of fun on mine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Frogman, I have spent ages looking at the various years and colours for these cb360 trying to work out what the bike I was looking at was. Every thing matches the log book
Here in the UK the logbook(title) can be changed. The engine/colour can be changed and recorded. So what I suspect we really have is a 1974 frame with an earlier 1974 engine but with a petrol tank in 1975 colors. Its fitted with a disk brake which should make it a cb360G.

I think this has been put together from various bits..... and the logbook updated to make it look original. So I will give it a miss.

Ta
Nairb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts