Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all! After lurking about for a while I thought I'd introduce myself. Back in 1991 I was in my senior year of high school, and after years of dirtbike riding acquired a 1981 Cm400E with about 6K miles for around $500. I put about 2000 miles on it in a few months, fixed it up and sold it for about $650 to help buy my first CBR600, one of four CBR's (600's and 900's) I'd own over the next 8 years and tally up over 200K miles on. Then I had a long affair with a Triumph Daytona 675. Hit my 40's and track days no longer called to me. So I bought a Ducati ST3. Flew from SFO into Kentucky with my wife and we rolled through 10 states, 1500 miles in a week until hurricane Harvey stopped us in New Orleans. Shipped the bike home and flew back with dreams of many a long road trip in the future. My wife had spent less than 2 hours on a bike before that trip. She returned determined to get her license and see the road from the front seat, rather than perched behind me. So when a 81' Cm400C showed up in good condition a few hours away, it had to happen. Sorry for the long winded post. But I've alway regretted selling that CM400 years ago. And coming full circle now just feels so right. Nice to meet you all, looking forward to getting to know ya!

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
awesome story wineguy!
Lets see some pics

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're mapping out our next trip currently. From the coast, over Yosemite, up and through Lake Tahoe. Then through the legendary hwy 36 (140 miles of tight curves) up to Oregon with a loop around Crater lake, then all the way back down the Coast from Oregon to Sonoma. Should be a good week!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here.

Reactions: wineguy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maze right side full.jpg and one from the other side. Yes, some of you may notice there's no front brake on her. What with the exceptional stopping power of the read drum, I figured any more would be over-kill.

Just kidding! It's in the shop getting the pistons un-seized.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your english is good. I think we will keep this one for sure. Next year I may be visiting Serbia, maybe you can show me some good roads!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Nice looking survivor! I will be looking to hear from your ride reports.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts