Honda Twins banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought my first 350 and thought it would be a good idea to join this forum. Built a 77 CB550F into a cafe racer a couple of years ago and almost done doing the same to the 69 CL350 (I can post some photos if anyone is interested). I still have a TON to learn, so thanks for this forum...I guarantee it's going to help me. Oh, and we just opened a DIY Community Garage for vintage motos here in Colorado Springs (first one in the State). I'm guessing a bunch of our members will join Honda Twins.net as well.

Cheers,

neuby43

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Got any pics of your bikes?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Congrats on opening a DIY garage in the area. I wish there was one when I lived in Denver years ago :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Oh, and we just opened a DIY Community Garage for vintage motos here in Colorado Springs (first one in the State). I'm guessing a bunch of our members will join Honda Twins.net as well.

Cheers,

neuby43
Welcome aboard and congrats on your new bike. Pictures are always welcome. Very good idea for the community garage, A+

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
OOOOHHHHH!! Very Nice

Reactions: neuby43

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice bikes! I like the CB tank on the CL, it works with that look. What seat is on the 550? I'd love to know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Nice bikes! I like the CB tank on the CL, it works with that look. What seat is on the 550? I'd love to know.
The seat is actually one of those cheapo's (with a plastic pan) from eBay that sell for under $100. I had it in my garage forever, it ended up fitting pretty well on the bike, so I built the rear end and seat hoop based on it's shape. Plus, I ride the snot out of my 550 and the seat has held up really well. Go figure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey! neat, wish i was in CO spgs... i'd ask to join up!

if by chance you do rides, possible for me to join in every once in a while?

thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
The seat is actually one of those cheapo's (with a plastic pan) from eBay that sell for under $100. I had it in my garage forever, it ended up fitting pretty well on the bike, so I built the rear end and seat hoop based on it's shape. Plus, I ride the snot out of my 550 and the seat has held up really well. Go figure.
Thanks neuby, if you see one like it on eBay again please post a link. I'd like to find one of those.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
That's awesome. One DIY shop (Moto Guild) opened up in my old Chicago neighborhood a couple years after I moved out. How convenient!

Reactions: neuby43

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey! neat, wish i was in CO spgs... i'd ask to join up!

if by chance you do rides, possible for me to join in every once in a while?

thanks!
Absolutely, we ride as much as (if not more) than we wrench. Our FB Group is Boulder Street Moto and we use that to let our members know about upcoming rides, events, etc. Or, feel free to DM me and we can exchange contact info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts