Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been lurking around since I bought my project back in June last year. It's a '72 CL350 that was in decent shape, but non-running.

When I got it, it did not have carbs on it, so I got myself a pair of Mikuni 28s, as per numerous recommendations I saw here. Still some work to do on em.

As of now, she's alive and running - just not well enough to reliably ride (still have the carb tuning to mess with).

Anyhow, after some six months of work, she's a completely different monster.

Here's a quick photo with the before and (current) after:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

Thanks for all the help I got by just searching and lurking through old threads. Hopefully someday soon I'll be able to help someone else with their build.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Curious about the choice to use the CB shifter setup instead of the CL. You'll want to add a fork brace if you're going to run w/o a fender, also be aware that the tops of the fork seals need protection of some sort. Other wise those pockets will fill with dust and grit ruining the seals.
If the old headlight fork ears weren't rusted thru, most are, I hope you didn't trash them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The CB shifter was strictly a matter of convenience in finding a replacement - the original was bent.

The front fender will go back on as soon as i get them chopped some, and painted

Thank you for the advice on the fork seals - I'll be sure to order some ASAP. Thanks for the heads up

And for the ears - they're in fine shape, just didn't fit with the clip-ons. I kept every piece I stripped off the bike in the event that someone wanted it or I needed it later.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Looks great! Nice work

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Nice work, 2nd on the fork brace and seals, but you said you are working on that so don't stop now.

Also don't throw away any parts you didn't use even if they are a rough.

Parts are slowly getting rare, and heck if you find you are never going to use them , they can be used to finance the project by selling them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts