Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started a number of threads this summer, looking for help getting my CM450C back on the road, and I want to thank everyone who chimed in. Everything works now, and the bike runs (and stops!) beautifully.

I've also run it enough to fill the tank a few times, and I'm running an average of about 50mpg right now!

My best tank was more or less around town: 30-40mph, and rides not much longer than 10-20 minutes. On that tank I made something close to 55mpg, though it's hard to say for sure without knowing for sure how close I came to the same gas level.

I also took it up to Rockport, MA to see a concert, and that was... interesting. I left just late enough to catch the early part of rush hour (on I-95 near Boston, that starts around 3:55, and ends around 7:30), and spent a lot of time sitting around waiting for things to move. The trip home, however, was fairly late (about 11:00-12:00), and I'm not doing that again on this bike without a better headlight. With the high beam on I was pretty OK, but on low and with traffic on the other side of the fence going the other way I couldn't see much at all. I finally ended up letting someone pass me, then following them the rest of the way. Not bad, but not my favorite ride. I hit reserve just before I got off the highway, which was about the 96 mile mark, and made it home with plenty to spare.

I'm moving back to the west end of Massachusetts (near Amherst, if anyone knows the area) this weekend, and the bike will be making the trip sometime next week. I'm likely going to get a lot more riding in there, since it's quite a lot safer and more pleasant!

So once again, thank you, from both me and the bike!

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jim! Any opinion on LED headlamps? Power draw isn't a huge deal like it was with my Rebel, but using less electricity always seems worth a try.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The only negative to LED's I've read recently is that there's no focused beam on most of them. Just a clear lens so light is spilling over everywhere, lots of light going where ever. I like a nice focused beam designed for motorcycles, cars are different. I don't ride fast enough to outrun a H4 bulb on high beam and when one burns out I can find a replacement at any auto parts store.
Since the 170W charging system is running just lights on these models there's no advantage to saving power draw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts