Honda Twins banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go.
After 2 years of having my bike in the garage cause of rattling noise from somewhere, I've decided to tear down the entire engine. For the ones saying "it might have been", here my previous 2 posts about the problem.
Now. I tore down the entire engine, finding a big messy dirty amount of stuffs.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Machine Automotive super charger part Automotive exterior
Hand tool Wood Metalworking hand tool Tool Ratchet

Then the balancing chain guide (That I havent replaced) and the cam chain tensioner
Hand Finger Nail Sleeve Thumb
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

According to what the mechanic told me, the problem of the rattling noise might have been at 99% the bad condition of the rocker arms:
Rectangle Gas Tints and shades Electric blue Font

I'm at the point where I joined the two lower cases, clean it all, made a good timing phase (to me), and I'm about to reassemble the clutch and the alternator, waiting for new pistons and rings (rings were way too worn) and try to replace the rocker arms to see if the problem has been solved. The cam chain tensioner and the cam chain have been already replaced.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Gear
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Headgear

Hood Bumper Automotive design Gas Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive design Gas

Now the questions 😁 (tell me if I have to open another thread).
Do you know the name of the connectors used for the oil pressure cable, similar to a faston?
And then, do you know which are the differences between the camshafts? The 400 Superdream camshaft has the product number 14101443000, but online I've only found numbers: 14101413711 and 14101413710, it's all about what? The lobes? The HP/PS? Can I use these models instead of the "correct" one?

Thanks for help and time spent, waiting to new updates to continue the work

Elia

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts